“History portrays this church body as small in number, but rich in those who have been willing to serve, however great or small the service may be.”
In the pages linked-to below, readers will be pleased to find an historical record rich in gospel witness, God’s faithfulness, and Christian service. This material has been drawn from several sources, and primarily from A History of the Antioch Presbyterian Church, 1843-1996, graciously supplied by Mrs. Debbie Weeks.
Written Historical Record
- A History of the Antioch Presbyterian Church, 1843-1996
- Clerks of Session
- Cemetery History
- Rev. Benjamin Palmer Reid (1860-1913)
- Mary Anderson Leonard (1866-1930)
Historical Documents & Secondary Sources
- “Antioch Dedicatory Service Attended by Over 500 Persons: Interesting Historical Sketch Is Prepared by the Rev. R. W. Carson,” The Greenville News, Friday, July 4, 1930, Page 9.
- History of the Presbyterian Church in South Carolina, by George Howe, D.D., 1883, Pages 748-49.
- History of the Presbyterian Church in South Carolina Since 1850, Edited by F.D. Jones, D.D., and W.H. Mills, D.D., 1926, Pages 693-95.
- South Carolina Historical Magazine, Volume 90, Numbers 1 & 2, January-April 1989, Presbyterian Ecclesiastical Names & Places, Published Quarterly by The South Carolina Historical Society, Page 15.
- 180th Anniversary Celebration Media Page