The Antioch Church Blog
Dr. Pipa, Pastor Groff, and our pastoral interns contribute a steady stream of articles to the Antioch Church Blog, primarily for the benefit of members, attenders, and friends of Antioch Presbyterian Church. Frequently, articles written for other sites are republished here for convenience. For site visitors wishing to get to know us, the blog is a helpful resource highlighting subjects of interest at Antioch.
To view the Antioch Church Blog, please click here.
Corporate worship is the centerpiece of church life at Antioch, and the most important weekly development at Antioch is our practice of gathering together for morning and evening worship on the Lord’s Day. What we do during these times is recorded in our weekly worship bulletin.
To access our bulletin archive, click here.
Faith & Practice Podcast
Since 2012, Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr. has published a regular (usually monthly) podcast in which he fields and answers ten or so listener questions on Christian theology and life. Originally hosted by Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary’s Confessing Our Hope podcast, “Faith & Practice” continues under the auspices of Antioch Presbyterian Church.
To submit a question, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the podcast, click here.
The following sites have useful resources for those seeking to grow in their Christian walk:
- Gospel Reformation Network (GRN) – The Gospel Reformation Network (GRN) began in 2012 by a group of Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) pastors with the specific goal of promoting a proper articulation of, and call to, sanctification in the ministry of the church. That goal has been expanded to include a broader array of concerns related to the health and well-being of the PCA in particular and of the church in-general. In an effort to cultivate healthy Reformed churches within the PCA, and to encourage our denomination to maintain its long-term integrity as a biblical and confessional denomination, the GRN’s expanded vision and message include numerous subjects related to the Christian life and the ministry of the local church.
- Log College Press – Log College Press collects and reprints (both digitally and physically) writings of and about American Presbyterians from the 17th, 18th, and 19th Centuries. Much of the material available at logcollegepress.com has direct relevance to Christian theology and living. There are literally thousands of free digital resources available on the Log College Press website.
- The PCA Historical Center (PCAHC) – The mission of the PCA Historical Center is to preserve the records of the Presbyterian Church in America and to document the story of the conservative Presbyterian movement of the 20th and 21st centuries. In addition to preserving the records of the PCA, the Center also serves as the repository of record for four other conservative Presbyterian denominations. The Center houses the manuscript collections of about 150 people connected with those denominations, plus history materials for over 700 congregations. The Center maintains a modest research library of around 5,000 titles covering all aspects of American Presbyterianism.
- Presbyterian Polity – Presbyterian Polity is a website dedicated to serving the PCA’s Teaching Elders and Ruling Elders by curating easily navigable resources on the nature, procedures, and history of our denominational polity. Though it is not an official resource of the PCA, it is operated and overseen by an Editorial Board comprised exclusively of PCA elders. For resources on the ecclesiastical polity and church government of the PCA, this is a great resource.
- Monergism.com – Monergism.com is a free, comprehensive online theological library comprised of Reformed Christian resources, both modern and historical. There are many helpful articles and multimedia files on this website.
- Ligonier Ministries – Founded by the late Dr. R. C. Sproul, Ligonier Ministries maintains a treasure trove of biblical and Reformed theological resources. This significant parachurch organization hosts a large National Conference in Orlando, Florida each year and several regional conferences around the world. Ligonier is also the overseeing organizational entity for Reformation Bible College in Sanford, Florida. With platforms and publications in multiple languages, Ligonier is an instrument for the global reformation of Christ’s church according to God’s Word.
- Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary (GPTS) – Greenville Seminary in nearby Taylors, SC is dedicated to providing biblically grounded, confessionally faithful, and pastorally focused theological education to the next generation of Presbyterian and Reformed preachers, pastors, and churchmen. With an explicitly global focus, Greenville Seminary has equipped gospel ministers for churches around the world. The Seminary hosts an annual Spring Theology Conference in the Greenville area, and many of the schools online resources are quite helpful. We are pleased to support Greenville Seminary and its students.
- Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals (ACE) – The Alliance was founded (as Evangelical Ministries) by the late Dr. Donald G. Barnhouse of Tenth Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia, and now maintains a worldwide ministry of radio broadcasting, events, and Internet-based publications. The Alliance hosts a wealth of resources for individual Christians and congregations.
- Banner of Truth Trust – The Banner of Truth Trust was founded in Great Britain in the 1950s and is well-known today for its publication of a monthly magazine, The Banner of Truth and for international book publication and sales. The titles printed by the Trust are reliably biblical, theologically sound, and well worth reading.
- Reformation Heritage Books (RHB) – Based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan in connection with Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, RHB is highly regarded as a world-class publisher and bookseller of Reformed theology. The RHB webstore has the widest selection of Reformed titles available today from any Christian bookseller.