a parish church at the crossroads of Greenville and Spartanburg Counties ministering to the growing community west of Woodruff
Antioch Presbyterian Church (PCA) is a new mission work of Calvary Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in America and an historic church which has ministered to Upstate South Carolina since the mid-nineteenth century.
Will you not Yourself revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?
~ Psalm 85:6
Faith & Practice
What is the Good News? Click here for a brief summary of God’s plan of salvation.
What do we believe? Our confession, creed, or statement of faith is a three-part summary of biblical doctrine known as the Westminster Standards, as adopted by the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA):
- Westminster Confession of Faith
- Westminster Shorter Catechism
- Westminster Larger Catechism (Part 1, Part 2)
Our vision is to see the historic Antioch Presbyterian Church revitalized as a worshipping community to be a blessing to every man, woman, and child in the growing residential hub west of Woodruff and south of Reidville, to the glory of God.
for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ ~ Ephesians 4:12
Our mission as a parish church at the crossroads of Greenville and Spartanburg Counties is the gathering and perfecting of God’s people through biblical worship, evangelism, and pastoral care.
Areas of Ministry Focus
- Expository Preaching
- Biblical Worship
- Parish Evangelism
- Pastoral Care
Leadership & Accountability
As a mission work, Antioch Presbyterian Church (PCA) is governed and overseen by a provisional session of elders serving as a commission of Calvary Presbytery. The six men appointed to the provisional session are active elders within the bounds of Calvary Presbytery, and have graciously agreed to serve “above-and-beyond” to encourage the revitalization of Antioch. They include:
- Dr. Chipley Bennett, PhD – Ruling Elder, Providence Presbyterian Church
- Dr. E. Todd Buchner, DMin – Pastor, Reidville Presbyterian Church
- Mr. Richard Hollifield – Ruling Elder, Roebuck Presbyterian Church
- Mr. William Johnson – Ruling Elder, Woodruff Road Presbyterian Church
- Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr., PhD, DD – Professor of Systematic & Applied Theology, President Emeritus, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary; Organizing Pastor & Moderator of the Provisional Session of Antioch Presbyterian Church
- Pastor Richard Thomas – Senior Pastor, Mount Calvary Presbyterian Church
Mr. Zachary Groff is a ministerial assistant serving under Dr. Pipa’s immediate supervision.